Never Mind the Brussels

A daily account of my five-week working trip in Europe.

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

48 Hours

I'm about ready to go to Brussels. All packed and good to leave.

And if you believe that, you don't know me very well.



I have 48 hours left, and I've packed nothing. I've run a few errands I needed to run -- travel guides, some speakers for the iPod, a power converter -- but in terms of overt planning for this trip, I've done virtually none. This is, in fact, my first exercise in planning for this trip. To wit, a planned packing list:

Clothes
Shorts (three pair)
Pants (five pair)
Shirts (8)
t-shirts (10)
boxers (10)
Socks (10 pair)
Belts (2)
Suits (1)
Ties (2)
Sandals (1 pair)
Running shoes (1 pair)
Dressy casual shoes (1 pair)
Windbreaker
Hat (1)

Survival necessities
iPod (currently storing 3,407 songs)
Speakers (1 pair)
Books (8-10, incl. travel guides)

Other stuff
Hairbrush
Razor/shaving cream
Advil
Toothpaste/brush
Contact lenses/solution/case
Umbrella
electric plug adapter and converter

I also hope to have some chocolate moulds while I'm there. Really... how can you resist?

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, my favorite chocolates in the world are only available in Brussels. They are called Pierre Marcolini chocolates, and if you should send me some or bring some back for me, I would be VERY VERY VERY HAPPY.

Janine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home